Wednesday 24 June 2009

Pesky Pigeons

The allotment is looking great and bearing a selection of fabulous fresh fruit and veg. However, on visiting to do some tidying up over the weekend I was greeted by six fat pigeons taking flight from in and around my plot. Not content with scoffing my spinach, rocket, and salad leaves those thieving avian rodents have stripped one of my blackcurrant bushes and started on the redcurrants. If I had a gun and it was permissible to shoot them I would do so – I can think of any number of delicious ways to enjoy pigeons, perhaps with a blackcurrant sauce!?

I have now netted round the fruit bushes and covered all my brassicas and lettuces with Agralan enviromesh which is excellent for protecting plants from all sorts of pests including airbone ones.

No comments: