Sunday 31 January 2010

In which I come across a bit poetic.............

I don’t like the cold weather; I’m a lizard and only really come to life with the sun on my back. However in late January/early February you do get some of the most spectacular, breathtaking nature-related stuff.

I was driving home from my Mum’s house in Buckinghamshire today, back to Evans Towers in Bracknell, Berkshire and I found myself holding my breath as the day drew to a spectacular close. The black, skeletal outlines of trees were backlit by the most amazing apricot sky, shot through with gold, with blue/black clouds like bruises on its face.

I was listening to a fantastic Stu Cox remix of euphoric, uplifting trance which if you were dancing would make you raise your hands in the air, or at least above waist level for the less exhibitionist amongst you. This made the experience even better. For those of you who don’t love spending time rammed in a noisy club with a bunch of friendly, but sweaty strangers you probably won’t get this at all. Don’t worry whatever your favourite soundtrack would work just as well, each to their own.

Ooooh! It’s made me positively poetic.

No comments: