Monday 12 July 2010

Free Garden Design Advice

I have been asked to take part in the Love Bracknell, Love Summer Livin’ event being held in Bracknell town centre next Friday and Saturday 16 and 17 July. I will be dispensing free garden design advice to anyone who needs it. All you need to do is come into Bracknell town centre and find me (I will be near the central clock water fountain) and ask me anything you like about your garden project. I will be able to give you advice on any aspect of getting the best out of your garden, such as preparing a scale garden design plan, designing and maintaining appropriate planting, DIY garden construction, and selecting good contractors.

I have designed a garden to demonstrate what can be achieved in even the smallest space – in this case 5.6m x 5.6m. Landscaper Greg Tranckle will be building the garden which includes raised beds, paving and decking. Sadly, we won’t be able to put up the pergola on the day because Bracknell Town Council won’t let us dig up the block paving to get the posts in – spoilsports! Obviously we can’t use mortar, but the walls will be built, paving laid and decking constructed to create a useable outdoor space. Come along and have a look.

Check out my Web site for other examples of my work and in particular how to cope with tricky spaces and steeply sloping gardens.

No comments: