Thursday 17 September 2009

Autumn Colour

I'm not keen on the end of summer. I love the hot weather and hate the thought that I'll have to wait ages until it starts to warm up again. The start of September always makes me feel like it's all downhill from now until next March, a relentless round of leaf collection and disposal, cutting down sludgy, dead plants and pressure washing slimy paving slabs. The gorgeous, blowsy colour of late spring and summer is so sublime that I always get a bit down in the dumps. But there's always something to look at in a well planned garden and the herbaceous planting in my front garden continues to please me. Here's a photo of Cimcifuga (Actea), Aster frikartii 'Monch', Sedum spectabile 'Brilliant', Helenium 'Wyndley', Echinops 'Veitch's Blue', and Echinacea purpurea blooming their heads off outside my front door.

No comments: