Sunday 13 September 2009

Nate Frizzell

When I was training to be a garden designer I was advised to keep my 'visual vocabulary' honed by looking at the work of artists, architects and designers in other fields. It's great advice, but I don't always get the time to visit galleries, walk around looking at gorgeous building, and read magazines, let alone go out and find new, interesting artists. Fortunately for me my partner, Spencer, is very interested in contemporary art and design and has unearthed several really interesting artists - see my previous post about Tessar Lo.

Nate Frizzell is another amazing young artist that Spencer and I really love. Have a look at the creation of this amazing painting Nest, a print of which is hanging on our wall as I write - see image below.

Also, take a look at his transformation of a recycling bin into a piece of art.

Spencer and Linsey's copy of Nest

No comments: