Thursday 26 November 2009

Whale art - yes, really!

I loved the Cow Parade concept - life size fibreglass cows painted by artists and architects and exhibited around cities as art. Each one was different and they are now being sold for thousands of pounds.

As I may have mentioned we've just returned from our holiday in Tenerife and the Loro Parque Foundation has adapted the cows as art concept for fundraising, resulting in these lovely decorated fibreglass whales. They are currently on display in Tenerife airport. I want one!

2 comments:

David Aldridge said...

Sow more broadbeans now - if the frosts are hard it will knock back the ones you have planted.

Soak them in Parafiin for a few minutes before planting, then the mice will not eat them - they hate the smell of paraffin.

David

Linsey said...

Excellent! Business advice and veggie growing advice in the same day - you're spoiling me :) I'm going to do some in pots after Christmas as usual as a back up.